- We will only use your personal data to enhance your experience.
- We will protect your personal data.
- We will always communicate clearly in a way in which is easily understood.
- We will not spam. You will be able to decide how often you hear from us.
- We will only keep your information when necessary – if we do not need to use your personal data, we will delete it.
At AmandaK, we view it of high importance to protect the privacy and security of our customers. If you have any questions, please contact us by phone on 01872 859778 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- HOW YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE USED BY US
We will be using your personal data in different ways and the function we perform will depend on the information we require. We will be using your name and contact details to:
- Send you messages via post, text or email. We must use this data to contact you.
- Send you information and updates. We do this, so we can keep you up to date with details such as our latest promotions or designer events. We will only do this if you give us your explicit permission.
- To manage and protect our site security, particularly to detect and prevent fraud.
How we will be using your contact history with us :
This will be what you have provided e.g. on the phone or by email. And will enable us to provide you our best customer service when you contact us in the future, as we hope to assist you better with this information.
We will use information about the device you use to view our site:
This will be information you give us when you browse our site, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to
share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website.
- This will help us to protect our site.
- This will enable us to improve our site and set default options for you.
We will use information from accounts you link to us:
This will be in instances where you link your Twitter, Facebook or other social media accounts to us and will allow us to provide you with product recommendations we believe you may like.
We will use your responses to promotions, competitions and surveys:
- This is for the purpose of completing these tasks, as we will require your details for our promotions, competitions and surveys to function.
*Please note, you are not obliged to provide this personal data to us. However, if you don’t, we may not be able to provide you with our optimal overall customer experience tailored to you. But, the most important thing is you have a choice whether you want us to have this data or not and can easily inform us if you change your mind at any point after consenting to providing your data.*
We will ensure accumulate personal information is anonymous and use it for purposes including research, data analysis and improving our site. We also share this information with third parties. Your personal data will be processed using IT and electronic tools, mainly via electronic and automated means or we will use paper documentation e.g. through our order forms.
- HOW WE WILL USE YOUR DATA IF YOU’RE ONLY BROWSING OUR SITE
When users visit and view the site, we do not generally collect personal data, save as to “browsing data”. The platform which the site is made available to users automatically records some browsing data, such as the name of the internet access provider, the site of origin, pages visited, date and duration of the visit, etc. Such information allows you to access the site and use certain services, though this browsing data may also be aggregated and then used by us anonymously to test that the site is functioning properly.
- SHARING YOUR DATA
We will not sell any of your personal individual data which we hold to third parties – this includes but is not limited to your name, address, email address or payment information.
However, there are times when it will be necessary to share your data. This is our statement which explains the categories of third parties we will share your data with in order to deliver our services to you:
- Companies that are involved in getting your order to you, i.e. suppliers, payment service providers, . independent seamstresses .
- Companies who provide us services which help our business function such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts.
- Credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies if necessary, so we can help tackle fraud.
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us).
In any case, we undertake to provide such third parties only with the data necessary to perform the duties and activities assigned to them. We also undertake to do everything in our power to ensure that these companies use the data received exclusively for the purposes indicated by us and in compliance with the applicable regulations on personal data processing.
If, at the time of registering for your account or processing your order with us, you opt-in and consent to our marketing messages, we will send you information via email and text to keep you up to date of new promotions and help you see our products.
If you no longer want to receive marketing messages, you can easily stop them at any time. You may object to any further use of your personal information, such as for direct marketing purposes, by contacting us using the contact details available on our website or writing to us at email@example.com). You are also free at any time to opt-out of receiving such communications by responding to any promotional email to unsubscribe. You will then be opted-out of this marketing.
Once you do this, we will update your account to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages. Please note that, it might take up to 48 hours for our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request. Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates).
- YOUR RIGHTS
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) you are provided statutory rights, we are obliged to inform you these rights include:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (as per our Privacy Notice).
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you (this is by a free subject access request).
- The right to rectify inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which is explained at paragraph 4, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
- CONNECTION TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
- CHANGES TO THIS DOCUMENT
We employ security measures to protect your personal information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage, however, the transmission of information using Wi-Fi networks and cellular data networks may not be completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us using our website.
- KEEPING YOUR DATA
We will store your data for as long as you hold an account with us, as long as is needed to provide our service to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with us) for as long as is necessary to provide support. We will store your personal data securely for the duration of your contract with us and 6 months after the date of the goods being provided to you.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Forms related cookiesWhen you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.